Monday, December 13, 2004

Monday musings

It's snowing today. For the first time I finally feel like it is almost Christmas. Even after putting up the tree and decorating the house it still takes some snow for me to feel it's coming. We've begun the holiday parties and the gift wrapping and I am already feeling the tension that comes with all the rushing around of this particular holiday. If you think about it, Christmas seems to be the only holiday that does this to us. We rush and run and hurry about until it's finally Christmas day and we're so exhausted we spend the day complaining, depressed and crying or sacked out on the couch. Somehow I just don't think this is what it was meant to be. What if for one season I don't make all the cookies and special breads? What if I do all my shopping on line and never once fight the crowds at the mall? What if I am more selective in the parties I attend? What if, instead, I actually sit down once a day and actually read the Christmas story? Will it make a difference in my Christmas season? I do believe it will. I trust that if I will take time out to be quiet during these beautiful snowy days to read about Jesus and to really listen and hear the beautiful story in the lyrics to the wonderful music about him, God will bless me with more peace, more joy and more love for those who will be at my house on Christmas. And really...isn't that what it's all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home