Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring has Sputtered!

It is April. You would never guess it though looking out at the snowflakes and frozen tulips. It feels and looks more like February with flashes of shivering color here and there. Nature can be so cruel. I have a mother duck nesting in my flower bed who I am sure is wondering what on earth she's doing on a nest in midwinter! She is very diligently sitting and protecting her eggs, however.

It was so wonderful in January to have temps in the 70s and sunshine. Now I assume we are paying for it in spades! The only salvation for me is that we head out for Orlando, Florida on Sunday for four days in sunny Disney World. Well I'll be in the sun. My poor husband will be in meetings. There is such joy in working for yourself and being able to take random vacations--with your partner's blessing.

It was interesting on Easter Sunday. While there were a few spring colors, everyone was wrapped from head to toe in an effort to keep out the frigid cold. Easter egg hunts went amazingly fast and were finished inside with stiff fingers and blue lips.

God promised that the seasons would always change. Fall would follow summer, Winter would follow Fall and Spring would follow Winter. Every year it happens. The dead grass becomes rich green, the tree in the front yard explodes in white blooms and the tulips erupt from the ground and turn their pretty heads up to the sun.

It may be spring on the calendar but I have a feeling that this year it is going to feel like summer explodes out of winter and we'll just skip spring entirely. We do that sometimes here in Indiana. It also means it's going to be a really hot summer. Even so, it's really nice to know that God keeps his promises. I am so ready for spring. I guess I'll get mine in Florida this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home