Thursday, October 20, 2005

Kingdom Talk

It seems that everywhere I turn these days there is the intense discussion of Kingdom, what it is, where it is and what does it mean. Our new minister is teaching a Wednesday evening Bible class on Kingdom and it has been a very interesting class. For one thing, he is not just lecturing and giving his opinion or his research on what Kingdom is. He is asking probing questions and making us think and wrestle it out between us then discussing what we talked about. I absolutely love this class!

One of the things that keeps coming up is that Kingdom is here now in one form but that it will be complete in Heaven. Another is that the church is not the kingdom. At least that's what I think he's been saying. When we went to the Zoe worship conference in Nashville a few weeks ago, the topic of one section was kingdom and what I've been hearing was reinforced by the speakers there.

So I thought I would put this out here and if anyone is interested, send comments and let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home