Friday, September 12, 2008

Directing Spirituality

I lost my Spiritual Director. This is a major change in my life. I've been with the same wonderful woman for three years but she changed jobs and moved away from my area. I miss her very much. In three years of sharing God and life events together on a very deep and personal level you become attached to each other in some very good ways.

This week I found a new Spiritual Director. She has a sweet, gentle spirit that permeates the space around her. I found I could share with her in the same way I could with my dear Sister Paula. It is interesting getting to know someone new but especially when that someone is a person who may be working with you and guiding you spiritually. You share on a deeper level than you would normally in a first meeting. There is a purpose to the meeting that usually isn't there in most introductions. It's too bad all Christians don't listen and share on the level we did at our meeting. There would be far fewer misunderstandings and hurt feelings if we did.

I have had time to mourn my loss and now I am eagerly looking forward to starting new and seeing myself and where I am spiritually through new, fresh eyes. I also think I will start looking at those I meet, whether old friends or new acquaintances, through new eyes of my own and start listening on a much deeper level than I often do. There are a lot of lost hurting people around me and I don't want to miss perhaps being that healing touch so desperately needed.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

I've always wanted to try sharing my life with a spiritual director. Something holds me back. But your description of the experience is lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home